|TCU - TANZANIA COMMISSION FOR UNIVERSITIES|
TCU - Tanzania Commission for Universities 2016/2017
TCU - Guidelines and Criteria for academic year 2016/2017(TCU CAS)
TCU SELECTION 2016/2017, TCU SELECTED STUDENTS 2016/2017, TCU SELECTION RESULTS 2016/2017 - Coming soon!
Tanzania commission for universities selected applicants 2016/2017
Career Guidance & Development
TCU selected for university
Matokeo ya TCU 2016/2017
READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING.
TCU - TAARIFA KWA UMMA KUHUSU UFAFANUZI WA UHAKIKI WA SIFA ZA WANAFUNZI WA VYUO VYA ELIMU YA JUU 2016/17 - New Updates
TCU - TUMAINI SELECTION 2016/2017 - TUMAINI UNIVERSITY MAKUMIRALIST OF STUDENTS ADMITTED BY TCU TO JOIN TUMA FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2016/2017 (1st Selection)
The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) in collaboration with the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) has prepared this Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook as a tool to simplify the admission process in the country. The Admissions into higher education institutions is processed through TCU - Central Admission System (CAS). However, under special circumstances some applicants may be allowed to apply directly to individual institutions. Such applicants may include those with Bachelor Degrees. Through the TCU - Central Admission System applications can be lodged through the Internet. The process is interactive in such a way that the applicant can easily and conveniently follow the instructions given by the system in the course of lodging an application. In addition, the Guidebook has the following information:
- Important dates to be adhered to during the application process;
- List of TCU - CAS participating institutions
- Programme codes for each Programme
- Minimum entry requirements for each programme;
- Application fees and procedures for payment;
- Maximum loanable amount for priority programmes (For more information on Loans refer to Issuance
- of Loans Guidelines and Criteria for academic year 2016/2017 issued by HESLB);
- Categories of applicants eligible to use the TCU - Central Admission System; Procedure for application through Internet
- Other services offered by the TCU - Central Admission System.
* NB: An almanac with specific dates will be issued for every admission cycle
2. Admission into Higher Education Institutions for Applicants with Form Six qualifications
The admission of applicants with Form Six qualifications into higher education institutions will be done through TCU - Central Admission System and will involve the following categories:
a) Form Six applicants who completed their Form Four Secondary Education from the year 1988 onwards;
b) Applicants with Foreign Certificates who completed their secondary education through different education
c) Applicants with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) qualifications who completed their RPL examinations from 2013 onwards.
Note : Applicants who completed their Form Four Secondary Education before 1988 may also apply through TCU - CAS but they should follow same procedure as holders of foreign certificates ONLY that they do not need to get NECTA equivalence for their certificates.
2.1. Applicants should NOTE the following:
i) All applicants will apply through the Central Admission System (CAS) which is available on TCU websites: www.tcu.go.tz
ii) Applicants will be required to choose 3-5 programme choices with maximum of two programme choices from one institution basing on programme requirements given in the „Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook for Higher Education Institutions‟ available on TCU website.
iii) All applicants are advised to follow the stages for REGISTRATION and APPLICATION carefully to avoid any inconveniences.
2.2. Mode of payment for Form Six Applicants
Application fee for Form Six – NECTA and holder of Form Six foreign certificates will pay direct to TCU; and below are the important instructions to follow:
a) Tanzanians will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of TSHS.50, 000/- payable through Maxmalipo Agents, M-Pesa, TigoPesa, Airtel Money and Ezy-Pesa.
b) Non-Tanzanians staying in the country will be required to pay US$60 through CAS Account at any CRDB bank branch countrywide TCU - CAS Account. No.02J1026795700). The swift code: CORUTZTZ.
c) Non-Tanzanians residing outside Tanzania will be required to pay US$60 through CAS account number (TCU-CAS Account No. 02J1026795700). The swift code: CORUTZTZ.
d) After paying a non-refundable fee of US$60, Non-Tanzanians residing inside and outside Tanzania should EITHER submit physically proof of payment together with certified copies of their academic certificates and NECTA equivalence letter to TCU OR send as attachment through email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax Number: +255-22-2772891 to enable TCU to send them Payment ID Number which is necessary during application. They must also attach their valid personal emails or mobile numbers for communication purpose.
TCU - How to Apply (Online Application)
Applications shall be done through Internet. Applicants should not submit their applications to TCU by email, fax, or deliver them in person.
NB: Applicants should ensure that they have paid the application fee through prescribed procedures before starting application.
A. How to pay via MaxMalipo agents (Only those applying using Form Six qualifications and should pay to TCU):
1.Visit the nearest Maxmalipo agent with your Tshs 50,000/-
2.The agent will take your cash and request for your mobile phone number.
3.The agent will process your payment and issue you a receipt that contains a voucher number.
4.You will shortly receive an SMS as well as a voucher number.
- Use the voucher number as payment ID for registration to apply on TCU Central Admission System (CAS).
B. How to pay via M-Pesa
2.Select option # 4: Pay via M-PESA
3.Select option #4: Enter Business number: 240077
4.Enter payment reference number: 123456
5.Enter Amount: 50,000/-
6.Enter your PIN
7.Enter 1 to confirm
- You will receive an M-PESA notification SMS confirming your transaction.
- You will then receive another SMS from TCU with voucher Number that you can use as
Payment ID on the TCU - Central Admission System (CAS) for registration
C. How to pay via Tigo_Pesa
2.Select option # 4: PayBill
3.Select option #2 to enter the Business number
4.Enter the Business number:240077
5.Enter reference of payment: 123456
6.Enter amount: Tshs 50,000/-
7.Enter your PIN
- You will receive a Tigopesa notification SMS confirming your transaction.
- You will then receive another SMS from TCU with voucher number that you can use as
Payment ID on the TCU - Central Admission System (CAS) for registration
After the payment is received, you will receive via short message service (SMS) a payment transaction ID which you must enter in the system (TCU CAS) when registering online as proof of payment.
i) Information requirements
After you have paid the required application fee, make sure you have the following information before you start the application process;
Form six applicants (NECTA) Information
1. Payment Transaction ID
2.Form Four Index Number in the format S0101/0002/2015 or P4003/0200/2013
3. Postal Address, E-mail Address, Mobile number, District of domicile, Date of Birth and National ID number (if available)
4. Form Six Index Number in the same format as Form Four above
5.In case you re-sat Form Four or Form Six Examinations, then the Index Numbers for the resit(s) will be needed
Form six applicants (holder of form Six foreign certificate ) Information
1. Payment Transaction ID
2. Certified copies of NECTA equivalence letter and your foreign certificates presented to TCU for entry of the information into the system and for record purposes
3. Form Four Index (or Exam) number exactly as appearing on your foreign certificates including the year of the examination e.g. S0101/0002/2015 or P4003/0200/2013
4. Postal Address, E-mail address, Mobile number, District of domicile, Date of Birth and National ID number (if available)
5. Form Six Index (or Exam) number (exactly as appearing on your foreign certificates including the year of the examination)
6. In case you re-sat Form Four or Form Six Examinations, then the Index Numbers for the resit(s) will be needed
1.Applicants are advised to read carefully the admission requirements of each programme they anticipate to apply in the Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook before finalizing application process in order to avoid problems that may arise due to failure to follow appropriate instructions.
2.Holders of Advanced Certificate of Secondary Examination who do not have at least Two Principal Passes in their A level results with a total of 4.0 points (see table 2)are advised not to apply as they do not meet the minimum requirements to be enrolled in any degree programme offered by higher education institutions.
3.Applicants with foreign certificates will be required to submit their certificates to National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) for equivalence. To download equivalence form visit:
http://www.necta.go.tz/fomu.html. Before lodging applications, applicants with foreign certificates are required to submit to TCU the following documents for verification purpose:
i.Certified copy (copies) of equivalence letter obtained from NECTA;
ii.Certified copy (copies) of Secondary School Certificate obtained outside Tanzania or different from NECTA education system;
iii.A certified copy of local Secondary Education Certificate obtained from Tanzania (If any).
4.Applicants are advised to keep in safe place their payment ID number and confirmation number for for future reference and payment verification.
5.Applicants are advised to use the new revised edition (2016/2017) of the Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook which is available on TCU websites: www.tcu.go.tz
TO APPLY ONLINE - TCU Central Admission System (CAS) 2016/2017
Dowlnload the Guide Book - Undergraduare_Admission_Guidebook_2016_2017
List of Accredited, Registered Institutions and Recognized Universities Departments in Tanzania