Career GuidanceWhat is career?
It is A person’s course or progress through life. It also pertains to his occupational or profession that usually involves special training or formal education and is considered to be a person’s lifework. (Oxford English Dictionary)
What is career development?
Having the Right Career Can be a source of great pride:-
- Give you a positive self-image and sense of accomplishment
- Determine where you live and who your friends are
- Largely determine your standard of living
- Never plan for the future
- Follow the crowd
- Choose by influence of others.
- Accept the parent’s verdict (decision) by force
- Get tempted by current trends
- Jump into any career
- Lack motivation
- Fail to ‘’discover their lives’’
- Live in a fantasy world
Current Job Trends - When determining which career field is right for you, think about which jobs are in demand now and whether or not those jobs will be in demand in the future.
Some Of the In-Demand Careers are:-
The Most In-Demand Jobs
- Health and medical services
- Computer-related and technical fields/Information Technology
- Business and financial fields
- Human Resources
- Manufacturing And Logistics
● Growth, which lasts from birth to fourteen;
● Exploration lasting from age fifteen to twenty four with the sub-stages of crystallization, specification and implementation;
● Establishment from twenty five to forty four, with sub-stages of stabilization, consolidation and advancing;
● Maintenance from forty five to sixty four, with sub-stages of holding, updating and innovating;
● Finally the fifth stage of decline from age sixty five on-wards, with sub-stages decelerating, retirement planning and retirement living