TCU - Admission into Bachelor Degree Programmes for Holders of Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) or its Equivalent :- Deadline 31/08/2016
The admission into higher Learning institutions will be done through Central Admission System. It will involve:
a) Applicants with Ordinary Diploma in Teacher Education;
b) Applicants with Full Technician Certificates (FTC);
c) Applicants with Ordinary Diploma in Technical Education (NTA Level 6);
d) All applicants with other Diplomas (non-NTA) from Tanzanian institutions recognized by TCU/NACTE;
e) All applicants with Diplomas from outside Tanzania which have been recognized by TCU/NACTE.
Applicants should NOTE the following:
i) All applicants will apply through the Central Admission System which is available on TCU website: www.tcu.go.tz.
ii) Applicants will be required to choose a maximum of 5 Programmes based on programme requirements given in the „Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook for Higher Learning Institutions‟ specifically for holders of Diploma/FTC available on TCU website.
iii) All applicants are advised to follow the stages for REGISTRATION and APPLICATION carefully to avoid any inconveniences.
Mode of payment
Application fees for applicants who are holders of Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) and its equivalent Qualifications will be TSHS.50,000/-; a non-refundable application fee payable direct to NACTE through M-Pesa. This will involve the following applicants:
i) Applicants with Ordinary Diploma (NTA level 6) qualifications,
ii) Applicants with Diploma in Secondary Education,
iii) Applicants with Full Technician Certificate (FTC) qualifications,
iv) Applicants with other non-NTA Diploma qualifications.
1. Applicants are advised to read carefully the admission requirements of each programme they anticipate to apply in the Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook before finalizing the application process in order to avoid problems that may arise due to failure to follow appropriate instructions.
2. Diploma holders who do not have at least a GPA of 3.5 or average of B+ are advised NOT to apply as they do not meet the minimum requirements to be enrolled in any degree programme offered by higher education institutions.
3. Applicants are advised to keep in safe place their confirmation number for M-Pesa for future reference and payment verification.
4. Applicants are advised to use the new revised edition (2016/2017) of the Undergraduate Students Admission Guidebook specifically for Diploma holders which are available on TCU and NACTE websites: www.tcu.go.tz
Minimum Entry Requirements for Admission into Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) for Diploma/FTC holders
The minimum admission entry requirements for applicants with Diploma/FTC qualifications to join HEIs are as follows:
|MINIMUM ADMISSION ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS|
|1||Equivalent applicants||At least four O‟-Level passes (Ds and above) or NVA Level III with less than four |
O‟-Level passes or equivalent foreign qualifications as established by either NECTA or VETA; AND
|i) At least a GPA of 3.5 for Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6); OR|
|ii) Average of B for Full Technician Certificate (FTC) (where A=5, B=4, C=3, and D=2 points); OR|
|iii) Average of „B+‟ Grade for Diploma in Teacher Education; OR|
|iv) Average of „B+‟ Grade for Health related awards such as Clinical Medicine and others; OR|
|v) A Distinction for unclassified diplomas and certificates.|
|vi) Upper Second Class for classified non-NTA diplomas.|
How to Apply
Applications shall be done through Internet. Applicants should not submit their applications to TCU or NACTE by e-mail, fax, or deliver them in person.
NB: Applicants should ensure that they have paid the application fee through prescribed procedures before starting application.
Payment Details (Non-refundable) (Only those applying using NTA6/Diploma Teachers/FTC/Equivalent Qualification and should pay to NACTE) Payment should be paid through M-PESA or Airtel Money and below are the important instructions to follow:
Payment Instructions Using Vodacom Mpesa:
1. Dial *150*00#
2. Select 4. Payments
3. Select 4. Enter business number
4. Enter the business number (607070)
5. Enter reference No. (1234)
6. Enter Amount (e.g 50,000/=)
7. Enter PIN
8. Press 1 to Confirm:
After confirmation you will receive a message from Vodacom (e.g. "3GQ05BR3F4 28-07-2016 14:41:31 Pay bill to 607070 - NACTE acc. 1234 607070 - NACTE Completed TZS TSH-50,000.00").
*Use the code at the beginning of the message to enter on payment details text box (3GQ05BR3F4).