SUCCESS JOURNEY - What Most Successful people do.
Successful People - Start Growing Today.
|The Journey To Success|
“It’s not what you are going to do, but it’s what you are doing now that counts". Said Napoleon Hill .
Many unsuccessful people have what is called “Someday Sickness” they could do some things to bring value to their lives right now. But they put them off and say they’ll do them someday.
Their motto is “one of these days.” But as the old English proverb says, “One of these days means none of these days.” The best way to ensure success is to start growing today. No matter where you may be starting from, don’t be discouraged; everyone who got where he is started where he was (that is the secret to Success)
"You're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely"
Successful people don’t let failure go to their heads, Instead of dwelling on the negative consequences of failure, thinking of what might have been and how things haven’t worked out, they focus on the rewards of success: learning from their mistakes and thinking about how they can improve themselves and their situations.
By starting to grow today; You are on the Road to Success.
• Growth is not automatic likewise Success is also not automatic . Just because you grow older doesn’t mean you keep growing. That’s how it is with some creatures, such as crustaceans. As a crab or a lobster ages, it grows and has to shed its shell. But that’s not the trend for people. The road to the next level is uphill, and it takes effort to keep growing. The sooner you start, the closer to reaching your potential you’ll be.
• Growth today will provide a better tomorrow. Everything you do today builds on what you did yesterday. And altogether, those things determine what will happen tomorrow. That’s especially true in regard to growth; man’s mind, once stretched by new ideas, never regains its original dimensions.
Success & Relationships
Another factor in your journey to success comes in the area of your relationships with others. Carefully examine your closest associations. You can tell a lot about which direction your life is heading by looking at the people with whom you have chosen to spend your time and share your ideas. Their values and priorities affect the way you think and act.
Dedication to growth not only enlarges you and increases your potential; it also motivates you. It begins a cycle of growth that, if sustained, leads to further and more extensive growth and success.
There are two greatest detours that normally prevent people from succeeding; "Fear and Failure".
Fear as one of the impediment to success
Fear breeds inaction; Inaction leads to lack of experience; Lack of experience fosters ignorance; and Ignorance breeds fear. Fear also causes procrastination. “Fear causes people to draw back from situations; it brings on mediocrity; it dulls creativity; it sets one up to be a loser in life.” Fear robs us of our potential and prevents us from moving forward toward our purpose in life and success
We all have fears. Nine out of ten people are terrified by the thought of speaking before groups. Some don’t like insects. Others fear heights, deep water, financial problems, aging, or loneliness.
Fears come in almost as many varieties as there are people. The fears of some well-known people from history are even comical. For example,
- Julius Caesar, a powerful military general and Roman emperor, feared thunder!
- Peter the Great, the czar of Russia and an imposing figure at six feet five inches tall, was afraid of bridges! He crossed them only when there was no other alternative, and when he did, he trembled and cried like a child.
- Eighteenth-century British writer and literary critic Dr. Samuel Johnson had a phobia about entering a room with any foot other than his left. Any time he accidentally entered a room wrong-footed, he backed out and entered again with his left foot. He took wanting to put his best foot forward to a ridiculous extreme!
No matter how foolish or humorous another person’s fears may look to us, our own seem serious. One reason is that fear can be a hindrance to success. If allowed to control our lives, fear can be a permanent detour on the success journey, stopping us from making any progress. Ironically, when fear succeeds in preventing us from engaging in an activity, we never find out whether that fear was truly justifiable. And that creates a vicious cycle, which can
EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU DEPENDS ON YOU ALONE!
Q & A - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS